Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Victory to the Vines

Life is a brick wall and all the complications, excitement, drama, news and events are the vines attaching themselves and taking over. These things will never stop. They will just keep climbing, and even if you cut them down, they'll be another ready to grow in its place.

In a dream this week, though, I thought, I really do like vines, and ivy-covered houses are all the prettier for not surviving the assualt. Even the scenes in Jumanji with the killer vines are some of the most beautiful in the movie. So I've decided to start keeping this blog to document the growth, as my brick wall begins its descent into being completely covered. The way I see it, I'm just starting out in life, and the things I do now and the issues I face, as a new homeowner, newly-married woman and 20-something embarking on the beginnings of a long-term career, will set the canvas for my life, which will hopefully become just as beautiful as an ivy-covered cottage.

So I say, Victory to the Vines! Let them keep coming, because without them, life would be a plain brick wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment